Jump to navigation Jump to search
|amenity = cinema|
|A movie theater, a place showing movies.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Used to tag a cinema - a place showing movies (films), generally open to the public for a fee. Commonly referred to as a movie theater in the US.
How to Map
Set a node or draw as an area along the cinema outline. Tag it with amenity=cinema and name=*.
For outdoor cinemas, you can map the individual screens with man_made=video_wall.
Tags to use in combination
- operator=* - The organization / brand operating the cinema
- building=cinema - To describe the type of building
- outdoor=yes/no - To describe an Open-air-(Outdoor-)cinema. Operating in the Summer-time. See Wikipedia:Outdoor_cinema for more information.
- drive_in=yes/no - To indicate if a cinema is a drive-in cinema. See Wikipedia:Drive-in theater for more information.
- deaf:description:en=This cinema regularly offers movies with subtitles. - Description / notes relevant to deaf people. Where "en" stands for English.
- cinema:3D=yes/no - Does the cinema do 3D movies (where you wear the special glasses)
- cinema:IMAX=yes/no - To indicate if the cinema have IMAX international film standard. See Wikipedia:IMAX for more information.
- screen=* - To indicate the number of screens.
- min_age=* - For cinemas specialized in age-restricted content
|Odeon West End London
name=Odeon West End