Jump to navigation Jump to search
|castle_type = manor|
|A manor house: a country castle-like building inhabited by landlords or minor nobility|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A manor house is a country castle-like building inhabited by landowners or landlords of minor nobility. In contrast to the castle, no royal family lived here. The name can contain the German word Schloss, which means château.
Note: that this tag is not directly cognate with the usual British English use of "manor house". Typically, "manor houses" were houses of the gentry whilst many castle_type=manor objects refer to much more substantial "stately houses", often, but not exclusively, owned by members of the aristocracy. It is not clear whether historic=manor_house can be used to refer to the former category.
How to map
Set a node at the center of the building or draw an area along its outline.
Add the tags historic=castle and castle_type=manor.
- name=* - name of the manor house
- start_date=* - year when it was built
- ruins=yes - is it in ruins?
- wikimedia_commons=File:name - File name of a photo from Wikimedia Commons
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item
- castle_type=stately - stately home (château)
- castle_type=defensive - castle
- historic=manor - for manor houses which are not castles