|historic = house|
|A historic house|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag historic=house is used to map a historic house. Historic houses are typically designated because of their age, association with a noteworthy person, or association with a noteworthy event in history. This tag is used on historic houses that are still intact. Otherwise, use historic=ruins.
- , Australia
- , Wales
How to map?
- Set a node at the center of the feature or draw an area along its outline.
- Add the tag building=house
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - name of the house, if applicable
- tourism=yes - is it open to tourists?
- access=yes/private - Is it open to the public, or private?
- start_date=* - the year of the construction
- wikipedia=* - article at Wikipedia
- historic=yes - frequently combined with building=house to describe a historic house
- historic=building - a more general tag for all kinds of historic buildings
- historic=manor - a more specific tag for a large manor house, previously home to a lord.
- historic=memorial - used to map the specific location of a memorial artwork, plaque, stone, statue or other object, often found at a historic building.