|man_made = petroleum_well|
|A hole bored in the earth, designed to bring petroleum oil or gas to the surface|
|Group: man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
An oil or gas well on land may be recognized by the wellhead and a "Christmas tree" assembly of valves and pipes on top, or it may have a pumpjack or similar pumping rig over it. Petroleum wells underwater will usually have a production platform or offshore oil platform"above the surface of the water, though this may not be directly located over the wells.
How to map
Add substance=oil/gas to specify whether crude oil or natural gas are produced, if known.
suggested by User:Chrisana13
- man_made=water_well - a well which produces water
- man_made=borehole - a borehole that serves a different purpose than producing oil or gas
- man_made=pump - a device intended to move a fluid
- man_made=offshore_platform - an oil/gas drilling or production platform located over the sea
- mechanical_coupling=nodding_donkey - indicates presence of pumpjack