|piste:type = hike
|A winter-hiking or snowshoeing trail
|Used on these elements
|Status: in use
|Tools for this tag
A marked winter-hiking or snowshoeing trail.
The piste as way
These ways are tagged with the properties relevant to this particular segment, such as grooming and difficulty. Note that these ways can be roads, tracks or meadows during the summer.
The piste as relation
If the piste is composed of several existing segments, a relation can be used to make the complete itinerary. Create a Relation:route with the property route=piste. Add the segments as members. The itinerary name, signposting color and other attributes can be tagged on this relation.
Tags to use in combination
Note: For showing signposting color of pistes (notably for crosscountry skiing and snowshoeing), user may wants to use the Tag:route=piste with a key:colour, and keep the difficulty tag to give information on the actual difficulty of the way.
- name=* - name of the piste
- piste:name=* - name of the piste if name tag cannot be used
- ref=* - reference code for the piste
- operator=* - organization that is responsible for the provision and maintenance of the route
- network=* - name of the network of routes of which this one is part
- distance=* - official length of the complete route
- symbol=* - textual description
- osmc:symbol=* - machine readable description
- Waymarked Trails: Winter Sport Slopes also with OpenTopoMap as background