|school = entrance
|Using this tag is discouraged, use entrance=yes, entrance=main (eventually combined with e.g. barrier=gate) or some other applicable value instead.
|Used on these elements
|Tools for this tag
Tagging and history
This tagging around 1800 objects - a number that has been stable since 2014. In july 2022, this tagging was brought up and cleanup started together with the deprecation process, quickly reducing the number of tags to 1300 entries. The proposal was voted and accepted here
This feature is officially marked as deprecated as:
- Entrances are tagged with entrance=*, which is widely understood and supported. This can replace all current values, especially for nodes
- There is no support in any editor to add those
- There is no support in any data user
- Usage is very small (1800 objects) compared to entrance=* which has 3.000.000 objects
- The wiki page on school=* already stated in 2018 that entrance=* is a better alternative
- This tag uses the key school=*, which can be used for a decent tagging scheme, e.g. for subject or school level. (This is for a future proposal)
This node is an example of how the old tagging was converted into the new tagging.