|site_type = settlement|
|To specify an archaeological site as a settlement.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
ruins=* or other appropriate tags.on Wikipedia are places where humans (or hominins) lived. Such sites contains manmade tools, weapons, pottery and various houseware, which form cultural layers. Usually those sites has no buildings or only foundations of buildings left. If there is some buildings or walls left, use
How to map
Tag it with
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item
- historic:civilization=* (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the feature
- tourism=attraction - if it is a tourist attraction.
- heritage=* - if it is registered by an official heritage organisation.