Jump to navigation Jump to search
|surface = dirt|
|Used for where surface is exposed earth/soil/dirt but it is not sand or gravel or rock.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Used for where surface is exposed earth/soil/dirt but it is not sand or gravel or rock. Note that some roads correctly tagged in OSM as surface=compacted are sometimes referred to as "dirt road".
Likely an exact synonym of surface=earth. Some mappers may use various distinctions between surface=dirt and surface=earth - but no systematic difference is to be expected.
See Key:surface for overview of all surfaces including paved ones.
Examples with notes
- surface=sand for sand surface
- surface=compacted where gravel and binder was rolled into a compacted surface
- surface=gravel for surface covered with gravel
- surface=fine_gravel for surfaces covered with fine gravel
- surface=mud if surface is typically a mud