Previous talk page
As part of the move to Android, this page was archived at Gosmore/TalkWinCE. Some of the information is still relevant:
- How to connect a high speed bidirectional way to the road network.
- The need to make smaller pak files.
The file curl/types.h is deprecated since long time, is empty since 7.21.0 at least and has been finaly removed in curl 7.21.7. So Gosmore doesn't compile on mordern systems (like Arch) and won't compile in future on any system. All you have to do is to remove this unnecesary include from the source. Thanks. MichaelSchoenitzer 14:27, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
Bug: wont build on Ubuntu 12.04 (and later versions)
When trying to build on Ubuntu 12.04 I get three errors:
jni/gosmore.cpp:3648:54: error: too few arguments to function ‘int gps_open(const char*, const char*, gps_data_t*)’
jni/gosmore.cpp:3650:39: error: ‘gps_set_raw_hook’ was not declared in this scope
jni/gosmore.cpp:3657:26: error: ‘gps_poll’ was not declared in this scope
I believe this is due to a newer version of libgps in Ubuntu 12.04. Dmgroom 12:50, 6 May 2012 (BST)
- To make it build on Ubuntu 12.04, I downgraded libgps to 2.36-2(Actually any version earlier than 2.9X should work). Looking forward to some better solution. Thanks. --Alwayforver 14:20, 20 June 2012 (BST)
Possible Solution - Note this is not fully tested so use at your own risk! Line numbers below refer to the current (revision 30372) version of gosmore.cpp.
- Line 3484 replace "gps_data_t *gpsData = gps_open ("127.0.0.1", "2947");" with the following two lines:
- gps_data_t* gpsData;
- gps_open ("127.0.0.1", "2947", gpsData);
- Remove or comment out line 3487 "gps_set_raw_hook (gpsData, GpsMove);"
- Line 3494 change "gps_poll" to "gps_read"