Why to delete this page?
OK, first of all I am not a fan of this tag. I do not like it and I think that it should not have been introduced into the database at all.
On the other hand I have created this page to describe the meaning of the tag, or at least the minimum information we have about it.
I still think that this page has its right to exist as long as this tag exists. --Chrabros (talk) 13:03, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- Yes. What you writing is correct. :) But what you write here, stands not on the page. Therefore I have included the template. Additionally is now visible to everyone that this attribute is "false". It is important that the data are corrected. The problem comes from a data import? An import who has such mistake should not have been executed. The correction should have been made before the import. Please feel free to add other optical boxes for uninformed readers. --Reneman (talk) 18:12, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- OSM data will not be fixed by deleting this page, bad tags also should be documented (and described why given tag is bad - see waterway=wadi for an example) Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 08:29, 16 May 2018 (UTC)
Is this tag used at all by anyone?
I asked at https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/16515784 Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 11:39, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
There is a separate question whatever this tag was added in violation of Automated Edits code of conduct Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 11:39, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
- 16515784 was made on 2013-06-11. Automated edits page looked like this then Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 11:40, 26 January 2021 (UTC)
This tag is
- introduced by mass edit without discussion
- dumping preprocessing data into OSM database
- duplicating other OSM data
I propose to mark it as deprecated. Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 11:44, 26 January 2021 (UTC)