- This could also be useful for parts of roads that narrow. --Dankarran
- I can't see a problem either. These temporarily narrow roads might sometimes even be preceded by warning signs so they should probably be worth mapping. Lazzko 21:30, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- and longer bits of Canals that narrow such as "The Narrows" on the Staffs & Worcs. Canal near Autherley Junction
- In which case, we probably want to use non-waterway-specific terminology, and just say "narrow=yes". I don't think this stomps on the "maxwidth" tag, because it's relative rather than absolute, and a lot of the time it's all that a map needs to render. So I've tweaked the proposal to say this. Gerv 09:45, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- Does the rendering change when tagged as narrow? The wiki only states this in the case of waterways --Tuxichen (talk) 11:26, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
What about direction values?
narrow=left / narrow=right / narrow=both / narrow=center - just tossing ball --Skippern 23:42, 19 December 2009 (UTC)