Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Relative indication that a way gets narrower.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Sometimes, highways or waterways get narrower for a brief period of time, such as "under" a long-removed bridge. They can also be narrow because of parked cars. It's useful, when reading a map, to know that this is coming. It's also a handy navigational aid.
How to map
Add narrow=yes to the part of the way that gets narrower.
Temporary narrowing of blue line in case of waterways
|narrow=yes||A residential road with a relative indication that it's getting narrower.|
|narrow=yes||The cars parked on both sides of an otherwise large enough road render it narrow.|
- Approved features/Narrows
- width=* - specify the width of a way
- lanes=* - the physical amount of travel lanes on a way, may decrease on a narrow section
- priority=* - marks which direction has the right of way when two vehicles meet and are unable to pass each other
- traffic_calming=choker, traffic_calming=chicane - a point along a road, that is narrowed/sharply curved, deliberately designed to slow down or discourage motor vehicle traffic