Talk:Highway tagging samples/out of town
Thanks for the pictures, we should start develeopning a cassification scheme of the street types. If have started withb roadclassification. Please comment.
Josy 14:56, 9 Apr 2006 (UTC)
- Josy, look at Map Features for work that User:Blackadder has been doing in this area. 80n 15:29, 9 Apr 2006 (UTC)
This guideline is not a consensus !
In the past, this page was too UK centric. It is now too german centric.
- write name=<road_name> or <intersection name>, for instance, not name="Darmstädter Dreieck".
- it is not a general consensus that highway=track needs a surface tag. It is optional and unpaved could be considered as the default value and could be omitted here.
- the last example is a footway. The picture is bad, we don't see the traffic signal correctly. Cars seems to be not allowed (white round sign with red border), so motorcar=no is more correct. The highway tagging here is presented as the single solution (highway=path+bicycle=yes) but Map Features explains clearly that it is an alternative of the already existing highway=footway + bicycle=yes. If you write motorcar=yes, it's not a path, it's a track.-- Pieren 15:02, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- last picture is a path, because there is no designation for pedestrians. it's just a muddy way thru a woddy area.--Cbm 14:27, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
tracktype on path
The page on Key:tracktype mostly refers to tracks. Tracktype is agreed to be a bad concept so please remove from it from this page and replace by surface/smoothness exampless. Flohoff (talk) 08:57, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Flohoff. tracktype=* is quick, simple and the only option to describe ground/soil compaction. For the type of surface is surface=Xxx, for road quality is smoothness=Xxx. highway=track + tracktype=grade2 + smoothness=bad + surface=sand These tags are universal for roads, paths, etc. So why you suggesting to removal it? Maybe the tractype definition should be improved?(talk) 11:30, 02 Juni 2018 (UTC}