Status of the `amenity=coworking_space`
- The `amenity=coworking_space` is depricated ?
Some side notes:
- The OsmAnd ( 4 days ago ) have started using the `amenity=coworking_space` https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd-resources/commit/1fe5bbba77702acef8340834a87d16c6011b785c
- The Wikidata using the `amenity=coworking_space` https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q869457
- And the translated wiki documentations still valid
- I do not think this is a proper way how to handle the tag status. The change should be reverted. Chrabros (talk) 07:31, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
As proposed here by others, I have moved back the page Tag:office=coworking to Tag:amenity=coworking space over the redirect; thus reverting the undiscussed move from 'amenity' to 'office', and in the same move changing the value. Moving a page is not the accepted way to deprecate a tag. Please keep in mind that the wiki page documents how somebody started to use a particular tag. You cannot change this reality by moving the page away.
amenity=coworking_space is used about 500 times currently, office=coworking 38 times, office=coworking_space 24. Deprecating/discouraging should be started with a discussion on the tagging list. --Polarbear w (talk) 14:36, 4 January 2017 (UTC)
- It is uncommon in OSM to move a page because a tagging style becomes deprecated. Typically the page with the deprecated tag remains, explaining what happened, and points (but not redirects) to the more popular choice. For this tag, I have also started a discussion in the tagging mailing list, come along and join the arguments. --Polarbear w (talk) 23:10, 4 January 2017 (UTC)