Yes, such as leisure=sports_centre plus the respective martial sport.
It is clearly leisure activity, thus amenity does not fit.
Further, there are now also 'hacker dojos' or 'coder dojos', so the term is not limited to sports anymore. --Polarbear w (talk) 21:14, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- leisure=sports_hall is getting increasingly tagged now for single halls that do not form a "centre". This will be a better candidate than a specific unsuitable amenity tag for every kind of sport.--Polarbear w (talk) 07:59, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- see also https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/856 Pander (talk) 18:12, 24 May 2019 (UTC)
- If sport=* is not sufficient, the type of the sports hall could be subtagged as well to describe its type, e.g. leisure=sports_hall + sports_hall=dojo --Polarbear w (talk) 18:49, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
- The tag is not well chosen in the first place, and should not be propagated to further applications. We have sports facilities in the leisure=* key, and a dojo (for sports) is just a specific form of a sports hall/centre. --Polarbear w (talk) 11:19, 3 February 2022 (UTC)
- I think the name was chosen because it was the best known for this type of facility, and IIRC was not intended to be limited to Japanese martial arts. The ones I know often have a lot of Taekwando and some Thai boxing as well as judo & karate. I completely agree this should be leisure=*, but am less sure that just replacing it with leisure=sports_hall resolves the issue, although the suggested subtagging might be suitable. Similarly dance studios (sprung floors, mirrors, restrictions on footwear etc,) are very distinct and although a leisure activity not sure that every leisure activity is a sport. I've certainly found dojo a useful tag for things which otherwise would have been sui generis, but am open to a more consistent use of leisure=* where applicable. SK53 (talk) 12:20, 3 February 2022 (UTC)