dormitory is AE
Seems like the linked WP article states that dormitory is AE. The BE word for it would be "hall of residence". Correct me if I am wrong (I am not native BE speaker)!
I would propose to start a new page and link this one to it.
- Well, there are 5563x building=dormitory and only 93x building=hall_of_residence as of Feb 2014. Therefore it seems to me rather pointless to do it. Just because it is AE. Also hall_of_residence is long and contains underscore, so it is not that nice as dormitory.
- Chrabros (talk) 04:08, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- Please move the content of this page to the new one and forward this page.
- I do not like this idea. First of all there is no documentation (and almost no use) for hall_of_residence. Second - if I do as suggested then the TagInfo will not have any description for the often used tag dormitory (because there will be just a forward). So let's keep it there as a suggestion for new users to tag it this way and let's change the pages only if the tagging with hall_of_residence will prevail.
- Chrabros (talk) 04:20, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
how is this a building type?
Is this really a type of building? I'd contend it's the building's use.
- It means that the building was built as a dormitory, i.e. lots of small rooms, maybe shared toilets and shower. The current use might be different. So this is just the type of building and its current use you have to tag using tags like amenity, tourism, ...
- Chrabros (talk) 07:39, 26 February 2014 (UTC)