Discussion of the proposal
I created a first version of the Translation into German. Some thinghs I am not sure about yet:
- How to translate "delegation"? I used "Gesandschaft" but I'm not sure this is the correct translation.
- I could not find out what the head of an "Interests section" is called in German.
- Not a translation question, but unclear anyways: How to tag the "embassies" of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM). My guess is that these should be tagged as embassy=mission
- Thank you for taking on the translation!
- * According to the website of the Ausswaertiges Amt https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/aamt/auslandsvertretungen-node the correct term should be Vertretung,
- * The head of an interests section is typically called a chargé d'affaires, which in German is Geschäftsträger.
- * The status of an SMOM mission would depend on whether the receiving side (host country) recognizes the SMOM diplomatically. If the host country recognizes the SMOM as a sovereign entity, and grants permission to call its diplomatic mission an embassy, it would be an embassy. For the list of countries with which SMOM maintains diplomatic relations, see this page: https://www.orderofmalta.int/diplomatic-activities/bilateral-relations/ Apm-wa (talk) 00:52, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
Consular section of Embassy
I'm not sure how to tag a "consular section" of an embassy. Apparently they are usually not headed by a consul. So far I have not tagged them at all as long as they share the building with the chancery. But how should we tag them if they are in a separate location, like e.g. the consulary section of the US embassy in Germany? --Lyx (talk) 07:54, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
- It should be tagged as a consulate if you want to add a separate tag. A consulate has to be headed by someone with a consular commission and consular accreditation from the host government (receiving side) but it is not unusual for the chief of a consular section in an embassy to bear both a diplomatic and consular title, such as "first secretary and consul". Thanks for working on this. Apm-wa (talk) 04:27, 7 November 2019 (UTC)