Talk:Tag:office=employment agency

From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Discuss Tag:office=employment agency page here:

Government run job centres

How to map government run offices (called "job centres" in the UK). It wasn't made clear on the page whether office=employment_agency tag was intended to encompass this. If so, then I guess we should also suggest an additional combo tag to make that distinction.

...or we have a different top-level tag for government run offices. e.g. as proposed on Proposed features/Jobcentre (plus)

-- Harry Wood 14:09, 17 May 2011 (BST)

There is already office=administrative. What about using office=administrative, administrative=employment_agency? --Head 13:15, 8 August 2011 (BST)


I would prefer to subtag this with one of the above. On wikipedia it's also called Public employment service. Jobcenter seems to be more of a brand name in the UK and Germany. In addition we also have operator=* & brand=* tags.

Considering we are also using office=government where people can get other services, I don't think it has to be an amenity.--AndiG88 (talk) 16:15, 7 August 2014 (UTC)

Temporary work offices

Maybe we should propose the tag:

office=temporary work office


office=temporary work agency

-- User:Tuxayo 20:23, 17 July 2012