Please use http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=67 for discussions. --Andi 11:41, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
Multiple use building discussion at Tagging email list
See first post in thread at http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2013-January/012449.html ; link to 2013-January thread view: http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2013-January/thread.html . --Ceyockey 19:21, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
What do you think about http://osmtools.org/indoor/ ? Example: http://osmtools.org/indoor/#lat=54.47471&lon=18.55180&z=17 More examples: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Poland/Indoor Dotevo 14:40, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
POIs using several floors
How do you map POIs regarding indoor mapping, since they spread over several floors and the outline of POIs on the different floors do not overlap? Do you create several objects of/for the POI? Or maybe do you create some relation for the POI. Furthermore all the examples I saw did not seem to include such a case. Maybe nobody payed attention to that problem? Cheers. --U715371 (talk) 21:40, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- Are there already engines rendering several levels in buildings or subway stations?
- Yes, but currently there is currently no public accessible demonstration. --Saerdnaer 14:50, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
- for the IndoorOSM model proposal there is a 2D online map available: http://indoorosm.uni-hd.de
- A small group of students (including myself) at Technical University of Munich has developed a basic 2D rendering engine for the Proposed_features/indoor proposal. It will be published around 26th of April. --andreas.balzer 01:17, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
- You may look at OpenLevelUp, supports both buildingpart=* and indoor=* --PanierAvide (talk) 15:26, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
- Idea: If there are levels in an area, there shall be an icon placed. If you click it, you can choose with one of the levels (e.g. 2nd floor) shall be displayed.
- It should be noted that the same complications apply to rendering multilevel streets: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.887117&lon=-87.625117&zoom=18&layers=M --NE2 17:09, 23 January 2012 (UTC)