Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There was a portability problem between conflicting CSS properties. This is fixed (when using shortcut properties such as "border-left:", it takes a default color from the text "color:" and not from another shortcut properties like "border-color:". Mixing two shortcuts with partial parameters taking default is not portable, this is fixed. — Verdy_p (talk) 08:30, 24 December 2016 (UTC)
- Actually the recent introduction of these additional borders were not discussed and were all cancelled by the wiki admins.
- The few revent template variants added (completely undocumented) should not be used at all (they disunify things already working and are inconsistant (in fact there were other errors when someone attempted to link these variants, because incorrect languages were linked, and they caused additional #ifexist tests that were explicitly disabled when we set an explicit lang or kl or vl parameter or when the language is English). I had to fix these errors, and also fix the links for values using anchors in a main Key page instead of a separate Tag page for the key/value pair. I also had to restore the "bdi" feature for correct layout on RTL pages.
- duplicating existing templates only to create such decorative variants is a bad idea, notably when the code is broken and unnecessarily slow (or costly in terms of parser functions and transclusion levels).
- Do now there should not be any additional borders (like it was before), before discussing it. Handling correct links to lovalized versions is also trickier than these early attempts (which also had CSS errors or compatiblity problems as seen above...) — Verdy_p (talk) 18:18, 28 December 2016 (UTC)