Tierralta, Córdoba, Colombia, Colombia
|latitude: 8.172, longitude: -76.06|
|Browse map of Tierralta 8°10′19.20″ N, 76°03′36.00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
HOT Red Cross mapping project 2012
The ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) is looking for some support from the HOT community to digitize on top of a satellite image they have acquired over the city of Tierralta. Frédéric Bonifas is a key contact point. The ICRC will use the image and the OSM tracing to work on a Water and Sanitation project.
The following is information from his mailing list post
What to map ?
There aren't really any roads left to map
The ICRC is very interested in the landuse (buildings and natural features)
How-to use the imagery ?
The image is 50 cm resolution, comes from the WV2 sensor (DigitalGlobe) and was acquired the 12th of March 2011. coverage map
To add the imagery in JOSM :
- Open the preferences and go to the WMS/TMS tab
- Click on the "+" at the bottom right to add the new imagery, a dialog window opens
- At the top, give a name to the imagery, e.g. "Tierralta ICRC". At the bottom, in the "Imagery URL" field, paste this :
- Click OK and the imagery is now available in the "Imagery" menu.
- When you zoom in or out, you need to right-click on the name of the
imagery in the "layers" list and the click on "change resolution"
The source tag to use is "ICRC, DigitalGlobe 120311"
What comes next ?
Once a large part of the imagery is digitized in OSM, the ICRC team in Tierralta will use Walking-Papers to enhance the map with POIs and street names.