Trufi Association calls itself a social startup located in Hamburg, Germany that provides smartphone apps for informal traffic. Informal traffic means no regular stops and passengers hop on and off along a route. Informal traffic is mostly common in South America, Africa and great parts of Asia.
They are currently looking for:
- Mappers that want to help them to upload routes and snippet of routes to OpenStreetMap, e.g. in La Paz.
- Cities that want to make it possible for their people to have the apps and are willing to support the local community.
- Business Developers that could help them to put their social startup on sustainable feet.
- Trufi Association e.V.
- Rodenbeker Str. 18c, 22395 Hamburg
- NGO pages.
- Trufi App
- Trotro App
- Christoph Hanser (user:chanser, firstname.lastname@example.org), Vorsitzender des Vereins/Chairman
- POIs from OpenStreetMap
- Routing from A to B with OTP server based on OSM routes
- Display route results and options
- Available in international and local languages
The app is for free, and the company finances its costs through server hostings and city-custom extensions.
|Trufi App||Cochabamba, Bolivia||https://www.trufi.app/||Google PlayStore||Especially User:Smaug, more locals and the wonderful volunteers of Guia Cochala.|
|Trotro App||Accra, Ghana||https://www.trotro.app/||Beta phase||AccraMobile3 and Jungle Bus|
|work in progress||Nicaragua||/||/||OpenStreetMap Nicaragua (with Nomada, porfiriopaiz, Mayorgalinux and xamanu)|
|work in progress||La Paz/El Alto, Bolivia||/||/||/|
Some of their tools were published under MIT license on.