Here I've got some thoughts what we could do with OSM - what I've done - and where I'm currently working on
- 1 What I'm doing currently or plan to do?
- 2 Future Projects - or - what I'm dreaming of ^^
- 3 Tags
What I'm doing currently or plan to do?
Thinking of an Open Climbing Map
- a map were you can add and modify crags, boulders and routes (sync with OSM)
- provide an editor to add and modify topos
- upload image
- use some html 5 stuf to allow vectorising the rock (edges, cracks, plants, ...)
- connect rock featuers to climbing routes
- allow to create favorite lists of routes
- export as pdf: fravorite lists in local language, with difficulty rating and space to rate beauty and difficulty
- convert difficulty in user wished format
- let user rate difficulty and beauty of route
- allow to log reached routes with timestamp an team (toprope, lead climbing, ...)
- generate nice statistics (total high, reached tops, added routes)
too bad it's too much to program it in the near future...
Experimenting with Map overlays
the plan is to create/search an easy to use open source Toolchain to generate a slippy map overlay with POIs out of the OSM database.
- it should run on free web hosts
- update the database nearly automaticly
- use the database even from forign websites
- easy to use in your own project/website
- easy to extend
Especially shops and post_boxes (there have to be enough opening_hours tags for the planed ORTM ^^).
To find incomplete POIs I use a script (User:k4r573n/old#osm2gpx) to filter and create a gpx from an osm-file.
see here how I map Education POIS
Future Projects - or - what I'm dreaming of ^^
This project aimes to provide informations of all education entitys in Brunswick.
- First goal is to import all education POIs to OSM - what tags should be used?
- Secondly Maperative will be used with a couple of scripts to generate detailed Maps of all city edges.
- And last but not least an online version as overlay with openlayers
Open Real Time Map (ORTM)
Maybe we can use the same basic scripts than OLM so we wont develop all stuff again. Currently I'm experimenting with map overlays lets see what the result might be!
The map www.blind.accessiblemaps.org gets currently its information out of a text file so its really really slow. The idea is to use the source of OLM and load the required information dynamically out of a database. Development has started see here.
Sometimes I want a map to show others were special rooms are. So I would be glad if my old school could handle me some plans so that I can test this for an useful issue. By the way indoor routing would be nice too ;).