| Argentina, South America|
| latitude: -40.497, longitude: -63.633|
boundary: 286393 , label:
|Browse map of Argentina 40°29′49.20″ S, 63°37′58.80″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Argentina is a country in South America at latitude 40°29′49.20″ South, longitude 63°37′58.80″ West.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
Most places from http://earth-info.nga.mil/gns/html/cntyfile/ar.zip have been imported. As there was no population information, the following heuristic was used:
- All province capitals were tagged as place=city
- For all ADM2 if there was a populated with the same name it was assumed that it was the head of the region and tagged as place=town.
- All else was tagged, to err on the safe side, place=hamlet.
- As the coordinates have relatively low resolution, there were very few places that shared the same point. Only one of each was left.
The quality of the data is not very good but it should serve as scaffolding in this early stage of the map.
- Main article: En:WikiProject Argentina/Highways