|To mark the location of an entrance.|
|Group: Man made|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 2|
|Tools for this tag|
The entrance=* key describes the point where you can go into a building or enclosed area (such as a zoo, theme park etc). Different values are used to denote the importance or type of entrance. The entrance node should be placed on the building/area's way (i.e. its outline).
|entrance||yes||An entrance exists at this position.|
|entrance||main||The main entrance of a building or enclosed area, where the shoppers or clients go inside. A shopping mall have often more than one main entrance.|
|entrance||service||A backdoor to a building or enclosed area often only for employees or for delivering.|
|entrance||exit||It is not an entrance, it is a one-way out of a building. You find it at some larger shops or museums.|
|entrance||emergency||An emergency exit is a one-way out of a building in case of fire. It is often combined with a fire alarm box.|
|entrance||staircase||Door to staircase.|
|entrance||home||Door to private house.|
Please use the access=* values to describe who is allowed to enter.
- access=yes The public has an official, legally-enshrined right of access.
- access=delivery Access only for delivering goods to or from a customer.
- access=private Access only with key, keycard or similar. Look here for additional subtags.
- access=no Access is not allowed.
- Use wheelchair=yes to describe the entrance possibilities for a wheelchair user.
- You can add width=* to indicate small doors for wheelchair routing.
- You can add automatic_door=yes to indicate automatic doors for wheelchair users and to warn visually impaired / blind users.
- Mapsurfer shows entrances as small dots at zoom level 18 and 19 (go to map).
- OsmAnd shows entrances in its default mappaint style.
- There is an ITO Map showing building=entrance and entrance=* in Europe (?) (go to map).
- Or use Keep Right's "deprecated tags" for the whole world (go to map).
Entrances and addresses
Main article: Addresses
If address is related not to whole building, but to individual staircases/entrances, tags entrance=main/staircase/home, addr:housenumber=* and addr:street=* should be added to main entrances to staircases (or to houses). Use ref=* for marking "inner" number of staircase (not to be confused with "outer" address, which some staircases have - for such addresses we should use addr:housenumber=*). addr:housenumber is put to one of entrances to staircase, ref can be marked to several entrances (also to service entrances to staircases).
Use addr:flats=* for marking number of flats inside staircase, for example, addr:flats=1-20. If there is only one flat behind door, the number is the value: addr:flats=14. If there are gaps in numbers, use semicolons: addr:flats=3-7;10;14;16-18.
- Proposed features/entrance - proposal/voting page for this tag
- building=entrance - older tag used for the same feature
- Proposed_features/entrance/door - proposal/voting page for this tag
- door=* - kind of door (automatic, hinged, ...)