|Describes the characteristics of a busway.|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 2|
|Tools for this tag|
Use the busway=* tag to identify a highway=* with a dedicated bus lane on one or both sides of the road.
This tag indicates the presence of at least one bus lane on one or more sides of the road. The side of the road can be indicated with :left and :right suffixes.
- A bus lane is a lane within the roadway designated for use by buses. This tag determines that there is a bus lane in both directions on the road.
- The bus lane is only on the right side of the road.
- The bus lane is only on the left side of the road.
- The route is a lane, but buses may go in the direction opposite to other traffic (the bus lane is a contraflow bus lane). Only applies where oneway=yes. It might be useful to tag busway=lane + oneway:bus=no instead of mixing values of two keys in one key.
- Generical dedicated bus lane(s) tagging: busway=lane
- Bus lane on right side of the road only: busway:right=lane
- Oneway bus lane in opposite way of a oneway road: busway=opposite_lane
- Bus lanes in both ways, on left and right sides of a oneway road: busway:left=opposite_lane + busway:right=lane
- Bus-only roads (asphalt/tarmac): highway=* + access=no + bus=yes
- Bus guideways (with guide kerb): highway=bus_guideway
- Shared bus lanes with bicycles: add cycleway=share_busway