| +/- historic=memorial
Small memorials, usually remembering special persons, peoples lost their lives in the wars
A feature for tagging smaller memorials, usually remembering special persons, peoples lost their lives in the wars.
Memorials can be often found at public greens or cemeteries.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - The name of the memorial
- memorial:type=* the type of memorial
- memorial=* – Some people prefer this tag instead of memorial:type=* to expand on the type of memorial, for example memorial=war_memorial, but this variant is currently (10/2013) used far less (a tenth)
- historic:civilization=* – For the civilization that created the feature.
- inscription=* – The text of an inscription that may be found on the memorial.
- inscription:url=* - where the inscription can be found on an external website, e.g. Wikisource
- Approved_features/Tag:historic=memorial - Original proposal
- Stolpersteine (small Holocaust memorials in Germany and other European countries)
- Sühnekreuz are a special type of memorials - there is no special English word for this so memorial:type=de:mordwange will be use. Look even suehnekreuz.de
- Taginfo for memorial:type
Related terms: <reminder> <remembering> <remembrance> <monumental> <memorial> <statue> <relic> <memento> <record>