From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|historic = memorial|
|Small memorials, usually remembering special persons, people who lost their lives in the wars|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A feature for tagging smaller memorials, usually remembering special persons, peoples lost their lives in the wars.
Memorials can be often found at public greens or cemeteries.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* - the name of the memorial
- memorial=* the type of memorial (memorial:type=* is also sometimes used, see talk page)
- historic:civilization=* – for the civilization that created the feature.
- inscription=* – the text of an inscription that may be found on the memorial.
- inscription:url=* - where the inscription can be found on an external website, e.g. Wikisource
- wikidata=* - the ID of the specific Wikidata item about the memorial (if any)
- commemorates:wikidata=* - the ID of the Wikidata item about the person, group, or event, commemorated
- historic=monument - An object, especially large and made of stone, built to remember and show respect to a person or group of people
- Approved_features/Tag:historic=memorial - Original proposal
- Stolpersteine (small Holocaust memorials in Germany and other European countries)
- Sühnestein are a special type of memorials - there is no special English word for this so memorial:type=de:mordwange will be use. Look even suehnekreuz.de
- taginfo, ru, fr, uk, ua, cz, se, by, ch, ie, lv, ee, us, in, pl for memorial:type=*
- taginfo, ru, fr, uk, ua, cz, se, by, ch, ie, lv, ee, us, in, pl for memorial=*