2010 07 Pakistan Floods/Tasks and Ideas
Tasks and Ideas
The biggest tasks are obviously mapping tasks. Need lots of people to get stuck in. On this page we could list various other tasks and ideas.
- A lot of people have GPS Mobile phones these days. One task for people on the ground is to start contributing gps traces till we get the imagery ready. Have a look here for software for your GPS enable Mobile phones.
- If you have a Garmin nuvi 2xx/5xx/7xx/1xxx/37xx GPS with an old enough firmware, then you can enable raw logging of GPS traces as per here: 
- TomTom users can also install tracking tools.
old maps warping. Is it worth unleashing a bit of GDAL warping tilecaching action on the Pakistan Joint Operations Graphics, US Defense Mapping Agency, 1983 -- Harry Wood
- I've experimentally placed a warped tiff on one of Chippy's MapWarper services which can be used as a WMS Layer in JOSM here :
- This is map NH42-15, with a bbox of (bbox=69.5,28,71,29). The map was warped in QGIS rather than mapwarper because it proved tedious to manually enter the coordinates of the edges of the map. Seems particularly useful for adding names of towns and villages. SK53 22:28, 17 August 2010 (BST)
- Looks like 2010 07 Pakistan Floods/Imagery and data sources/DMA Maps Mosaic is a follow-up on that idea (same maps?) Haven't tried it yet -- Harry Wood 16:02, 25 August 2010 (BST)
Mapping coordination image I created the mapping coordination wiki image as a very rough and ready "here's where the disaster is. here's where there's imagery to trace". That was a while ago now. Someone make a new image. Base it on more up-to-date releifweb map. Show the SPOT imagery coverage. -- Harry Wood 01:16, 11 September 2010 (BST)