- 1 Results
- 2 What
- 3 When
- 4 Where
- 5 Programme of Events
- 6 Who's going to be participating?
- 7 Getting There
- 8 Somewhere to stay?
- 9 Mapping - The Cake
- 10 Other Things to do and see in Evesham over the Weekend
- 11 Finding out more
- 12 Stuff to sort
- What - An OpenStreetMap Mapping Weekend in Evesham, UK sponsored by Cloudmade.
- Aim - To map the whole of the town and some of the outlying hamlets in a single day
- Who - Open to all, experienced OSM'ers and new participants alike.
- How - Bring along some transport (feet, bike, horse, car, bus etc) and if you have one a GPS receiver, and also if you have one a digital camera or Dictaphone. There will be a number of GPS receivers available to loan if you need one though.
- More? - See below for more details.
- From 11:00am, Sunday 16th November 2008
(Can't do the Sunday? we will also be mapping Stratford-upon-Avon on Saturday 15th November)
Map. Lat/Lon 52.0924,-1.9455
More about Evesham on Wikipedia
Programme of Events
- Saturday 15th at Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Sunday 16th - Meet at 11:00am for refreshments, training and dividing up the cake. Return at lunchtime or stay out all day, up to you. From 4pm till 5:30pm wrap up back at venue before heading home.
Who's going to be participating?
Please add your name if you plan to come along just so we get an idea of numbers and experience.
- Blackadder is the organiser and will be there all day
- Gregoryw Looking forward to doing some mapping outside of my usual area.
- RichardB will be there.
- Please add your name here if attending
brianboru - planning to come along to meet you all and then go to Pershore to complete mapping this town - this way we get 2 towns for the price of one!
Birmingham International Airport is not far away.
Somewhere to stay?
Where are people staying?
Mapping - The Cake
Method to the Mapness
Indicate here preferred modes of transport, and when the cake is baked any slices you would like to do.
|Gregoryw||Bicycle||5, 6, and possibly 7||Mapped 5 & 6 with road-level detail only. There a quite a few footpaths in these areas still to be mapped.|
Other Things to do and see in Evesham over the Weekend
Finding out more
- Contact Blackadder 0777 553 7872