A mapping party was held in Stratford-upon-Avon on the 15-16 September 2008.
- What - An OpenStreetMap Mapping Weekend in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK sponsored by Cloudmade.
- Aim - To have fun. Oh and to map the whole of the town if we have time ;-)
- Who - Open to all, experienced OSM'ers and new participants alike. Bring the family and children for a great day out.
- How - Bring along some transport (feet, bike, horse, car, bus etc) and if you have one a GPS receiver, and also if you have one a digital camera or Dictaphone. There will be a number of GPS receivers available to loan if you need one though.
- More? - See below for more details.
- From 10am. Saturday 15th November 2008
(Can't do the Saturday? we will also be mapping Evesham on Sunday 16th November)
Tiddington Community Centre,
Map, Lat/Lon 52.20015,-1.67381 (or thereabouts)
The Tiddington Community Centre (TCC) is in the village of Tiddington just 2km north-east of the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon on the B4086.
More about Stratford-upon-Avon on Wikipedia
Programme of Events
- Saturday 15th - Meet at 10:00am (from 9:00am for setting up) for refreshments (provided), training and dividing up the cake. Return at lunchtime or stay out all day, up to you. From 4pm till 5:30pm wrap up back at venue before heading out to the pub.
- Saturday evening - out for a few drinks before heading off for food.
- Sunday 16th - Meet in Evesham
Who's going to be participating?
Please add your name if you plan to come along just so we get an idea of numbers and experience.
- Blackadder is the organiser and will be there all day
- DrMark 07:36, 30 October 2008 (UTC) - I come to Stratford on an annual event; and it's this week! Just the Saturday though. I will have the car & GPS, and am coming from the Holiday Inn (or whatever it's called this year).
- Gregoryw Looking forward to doing some mapping outside of my usual area.
- achadwick will be there on Saturday
- RichardB will be there.
- Thewinch will be there.
- Please add your name here if attending
If you need a lift from the station etc then make a note alongside your name in the sign-up section. Its only 2km to Tiddington from the centre of the town but we can arrange for pick-up by car if required.
- Travel section on wikipeda
- For information on parking check out the District Council website
- It is just half an hour (30 miles) by car from Birmingham International Airport to Stratford-upon-Avon.
Somewhere to stay?
Where are people staying?
Mapping - The Cake
Other outlying villages which could be mapped close by include:
- Welford-on-Avon. Map
- Clifford Chambers. Map
- Alveston. Map
- Snitterfield. Map
- Wilmcote. Map
- Wellesbourne (A task for someone in itself). Map
Method to the Mapness
Indicate here preferred modes of transport, and when the cake is baked any slices you would like to do.
|Gregoryw||Bicycle||2, 3, 8, 9||Mapped slices 2, 3, 8, and 9. Some of the southern portion of 2 was done by Blackadder. Also mapped slice 1, but managed to miss a few roads in the North-West corner. Also mapped a little of Long Marston and Welford-on-Avon on Friday night.|
Other Things to do and see in Stratford-upon-Avon over the Weekend
Anything interesting happening?
Things to see in Stratford-upon-Avon:
The place is has a feast of tourist attractions, many based around Shakespeare.
Finding out more
- Contact Blackadder 0777 553 7872