Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Elections/2012
All board seats are subject to this election. There are a total of 5 board positions.
Richard Welty has decided to retire from the board.
Martijn van Exel will stand for re-election.
Candidates and results
Candidates may nominate themselves. If a nominee chooses to withdraw, please leave your name on the page and add (Withdrawn) after it. Please write a manifesto and link to it after your name.
Nominations are closed.
|Manifesto (Position statement)||Chapter member since|
|Martijn van Exel o u||Richard Welty o u||Blog post||8/25/2011 (verified)|
|John Novak o u||Richard Welty o u||Manifesto||9/2012 (verified)|
|Alex Barth o u||Steven Johnson o u||Manifesto||8/2012 (verified)|
|Randal Hale o u||Jim McAndrew o u||Manifesto||8/2012 (verified)|
|Jim McAndrew o u||Richard Welty o u||Manifesto||10/2012 (verified)|
Key: o - osm user page, u - wiki user page
- Nominations open at least 2 weeks before the election
- A wiki page will be provided for recording nominations
- Nominees must provide statements via links on the nominations wiki page
- A Nominee who withdraws should not remove their name from the wiki page, but rather clearly note that they decline by editing the page
- A current officer of OSM US will verify that nominees are members before the election starts. A nominee may join OSM US at any time before the end of the nomination period to become eligible (note that the nominee must be fully paid up at the time that nominations close.)
- Only paid members of OSM US can vote
- Nominations close and voting commences 48 hours before the OSM US annual meeting, which is normally held at SOTM US.
- The voting period runs for 48 hours, closing at the start of the OSM US annual meeting.
- Voting members will receive links via email to the voting website (the voting website is currently implemented via Survey Monkey)
- Paid OSM US members will receive, via email, a unique link to a voting page. This will be sent to the email address associated with their entry in OSM US membership records.
- Voters may vote for up to 5 nominees to the board.
- Ballots for more than 5 nominees will be disqualified and discarded.
- Two independent monitors will come from the greater OSM community. the monitors shall not be current board members or candidates for the OSM US board. They will have access to Survey Monkey in order to verify that the vote has been correctly counted and reported.
- Tiebreaker: should there be a tie for the final board seats, those members clearly elected to the new board will decide how to break the tie. The board members selected by this group must be from the nominees who are tied.