| Historical Objects|
|Authors:||Lutz, Netzwolf, Zecke, Reneman|
|License:||OpenStreetMap and contributors CC BY-SA and ODbL|
Show POI with historical background on an OSM map
- We have problems with the data update, please be patient.
- Added Wikidata Tools in the Popup
- Linking Wikimapia and Geograph UK in the Layerchanger
- Spiegel Onlinie links to the Stolperstein map at Historic.Place
- Update Map of Boundary stones kingdom Saxony kingdom Prussia in 1815,
Added Tiles Sächsische Kantoneinteilung (1814)
Added map Tel Aviv 1936
- Added The Roman Empire Map.
Linking Peripleo Places and Archaeological Atlas of Antiquity in the Layerchanger
- Hans-Joachim Gawor mentioned in this book,
the downloaded map extracts from Historic.Place were very helpful.
- Openstreetmap Belgium recommends Historic Place in its article about Heritage in Flanders and Crowd-Sourced Projects.
- Linking Geopedia in the Layerchanger,
and ref:lfd Bremen, ref:rce und ref:clt in the popup.
- Linking the 'ref:mhs', 'ref:bldam'
and 'ref:lda' Berlin in the popup.
- Linking the 'ref:OnroerendErfgoed' in the popup.
- Linking the 'openplaques:id' and Mémorial Gen Web in the popup.
- Update OSRM routing to API V. 5, thanks Netzwolf.
- Added Control UserTiles,Tile-Server can be inserted.
Added map of Spezialkarte der Osterreichisch-Ungarischen Monarchie 1877-1914,
Added Japanese language version, thanks to Higa4!
- Added map of Ireland British War Office,
Memorial Atlas of Ireland 1901,
Eestimaa füüsiline kaart 1922
- Added map of Mappa geral do Brasil 1911,
Etnografisk Kart over Finmarken 1861
- Propleme with the update of the data, we work on it
Added map of Poland 1920
Litchfield County Hopkins 1854, Windham County Woodford 1856,
Fairfield County Chace 1856, Hartford County Woodford 1855,
New London County, Connecticut 1854
- Added map of Tây Ninh (Vietnam) 1898
- Added Mining map of Upper Silesia (Oberschlesien) from about 1902
Topografiska corpsens map of Stockholm 1861
Map of Gothenburg 1888
- Added Map of Carte des concessions et chemins de fer de la Compagnie propriétaire des mines d'Anzin, Raismes, Fresnes, Vieux-Condé, Denain, Saint-Saulve, Odomez et Hasnon
Added Map of Zürich 1793 (Müllerplan), Zürich 1864 (Kellerplan), Zürich 1900, Zürich 1860
- Added Map of Heimatkarte des Saargebietes 1927
Added Atlas Fourcy from 1859 (First atlas of quarries and catacombs of Paris).
- Servicing work concluded, thanks Netzwolf.
Added Duhamel-Atlas (Atlas des concessions du terrain houiller de la Sarre) from 1810 of the Saar coal region.
- Due to maintenance update for 2-3 weeks.
- Added Map of Geologische Generalkarte der Schweiz 1:200000
- In the Historic.Place-Wiki (DE) undocumented objects of the map can be discussed.
- Update Map of USA 1900 (Philadelphia)
- Added "Flözkarte des Saarländischen Kohledistrikts nach Moritz Kliver", a very detailed and precise map of the Saar coal mining region from 1881 to 1908.
- Historic.Place now has an own Facebook group. Meet the developers and discuss Historic.Place related topics.
Added Map of Dutch Topographical & Military Map 1850 and Bonnebladen 1865.
Added Heritage layer from Hamburg, Berlin, Moers and Zürich.
- Fixed issue with IE Browser.
New Routing tool(F4) and Measuring tool(F9) with File download.
GPX waypoint files can be uploaded now.
- Markers can be set and unset by hitting ALT + Mouseclick (or Shift + ALT + Mouseclick). Markers are stored in the Permalink.
- Update Map of USA 1900
- Fixed issue with GPX Download
- Support storing active layer information in Permalink and Cookie.
Added Map of Sachsen DDR, and Sachsen vor 1945
- Added Map of Rheinland Pfalz 1803-1878.
- Added Maps of USA 1900, Berlin 1907, Topografische kaart Vandermaelen (1846-1854)... Fixed little bugs
- A Mapper in the Spotlight. An interview with Historic.Place founder Lutz Lange.
- Added Base map Pioneer
- Added attribution (copyright) of Thumbnail preview image. Added maps of Cherbourg 1943 and Markgröningen 1751
- The greater part of www.historic.place is online again
(with a slightly outdated set of data). However not all previously available historical layers could be restored yet.
- The greater part of www.historic.place is online again (with a slightly outdated set of data). However not all previously available historical layers could be restored yet.
- A server crash due to corrupt main and backup disk causes heavy trouble. www.historic.place goes offline for several days.
- Support of Geograph project images (UK, Channel islands and Germany). Please link to the image main page as in this example.
- Added Map of Helsinki 1900, Lyon 1888, Tartu 1882, Umeå 1937 and Zürich 1910. Modification of the Permalink (Permalink without Layers).
- Added Map of Schwarzwald-Nord-1920 Please update all permalinks!
- Added Map of Budapest 1933 Please update all permalinks!
- Added Map of Umgebung von Wien 1941 and Belgrad 1940
- Added Map of Dresden 1833 and Moskau 1836
- Implemented dynamic addition of historical layers in range. Added map of Berlin 1860.
- Added Map of Prussian semaphore system
- Historical maps of Spandau 1938 were integrated.
- Belgian Mapper of the Month: Escada blogs like he discovers the historical places map.
- Added Wikimedia on OSM link
- German newspaper names Historic.place as an appropriate way to research about celtic dwellings in Europe.
- News tooltip added
- wikimedia_commons=* in the popup added
- Fixed problem with https in the popup, Thanks Netzwolf
- Our donation page is online! :-) We need donations to cope with the infrastructure costs. That's all.
- Added Flickr link
Added Mapillary linkWas not a good idea
- Danish language version of Historic.Place (Thanks to user Kim Bach)
- And a nice success story
- Historical maps of Newport 1845 were integrated.
- New feature: Upload tracks and see them on the map.
- Integration of mapproxy for easy integration of foreign historical maps.
- An overview map for historical maps layers was integrated
- Historical maps of Romania were integrated.(Thanks to geo-spatial.org!)
- Historical maps of the British Isles were integrated (Thanks to NLS!).
2015-04-26 Historical maps from the KLEKs project were integrated (Thanks to KLEKs!)
2015-04-20 geoObserver blogs OSM: Historische Objekte
2015-04-16 Russian language version of Historic.Place (Thanks to user Bigopenmac)
2015-04-16 www.historic.place went officially online. Yeah.
2015-04-09 We received a financial grant from Fossgis to support our server costs! Many thanks for that!
January 2015 A much bigger server was rented as a replacement for the first one.
December 2014 The first server was rented for the historical map. It was decided to call it magic.historic.place. Isn't that cute?
November 2014 The internet domain historic.place was reserved. Another big thanks to Netzwolf.
A discussion about OpenStreetMap's future.
Weaknesses -- Nice map views difficult to find. Example: [History map]
Lutz started the project somewhere back in 2013 as http://geschichtskarten.openstreetmap.de/historische_objekte/
Many things happened since. Maybe some time somebody will write it down somewhere...