The JOSM Plugin FixAddresses provides a handy way to find incomplete or invalid addresses.
I had the idea when I stumbled over addresses containing typos. It is a tedious task to find such errors, so I started to write this plugin to make this task more productive.
In this stage the plugin looks for addresses which have either no or a wrong street name. "Wrong" means here, that the name given in the address node does not match any street name in the map. Now there are two cases:
- Address node has already a (wrong) street name: Assign the address to a street (the plugin picks the street that matches best to the one given in the address node) OR
- Address node has no name: Guess the name by picking the way which is closest to the address node. This works in many, but not in all cases. So please verify the result before you accept the guessed value.
If you do not trust the "mechanic way", you may also just select the addresses and continue the fix with the JOSM built-in functions.
|Icon||JOSM Version||Plugin Version||Maintained By||Date||Maturity|
|6162||29971||OliverW||September 27th, 2013||Beta|
|29971||Fixes Ticket #8336 and Ticket #9047|
|27341||Implements feature Ticket #7169|
|27328||Fixes Ticket #7181|
|24942||Feature request: Zoom automatically to node when selected in on the incomplete address table.|
Please refer to JOSM Plugin Page.
Then you see the dialog shown in the picture above. It consists of three parts
- Street list in the upper-left area
- Unresolved address list in the lower-left area
- Map area in the right area. It shows the position of the selected address(es) (orange) and the nodes of the selected street (green).
The following table lists the functions available in the dialog. If you selected items in the street or address list, the operation is limited to the selection; otherwise every item in the list is processed.
- The 'unresolved' and 'incomplete' addresses table can be sorted by clicking on the appropriate header
- Postal codes are validated against a pattern. Supported countries are AT, AU, BR, CA, CH, CN, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, HR, HU, IL, IS, IT, JP, LA, LI, LT, LU, LV, ME, MX, NL, NO, PL, PT, RO, RU, SE, SI, SK, SL, SM, TR, UA and US. Please set option fixAddresses.ignorePostCode to true, if your country does not use postal codes at all.
Please report bugs or annoyances to me by either
- on Wikipedia.