|Currency accepted or dispensed.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Currency accepted or dispensed.
- currency:XXX=yes – The currency XXX is accepted/dispensed. The subkey XXX is replaced by the .
- currency:XXX=no – The currency XXX is not accepted/dispensed. The subkey XXX is replaced by the .
- currency:others=no – You may add this tag to the feature if you have already indicated all accepted/dispensed currencies, to confirm that other currencies that have not been explicitly tagged are accepted or dispensed. You should not add simultaneously currency:XXX=no, which would be an unnecessary duplicate.
- You should not use currency:others=yes which would be too fuzzy (it would mean that all currencies of the world are accepted and this is wrong in general except online on very large international foreign currencies market exchanges).
This tagging scheme replaces the currency=XXX scheme, which is not working properly because an ATM can dispense several currencies.
- currency:EUR=yes – Euros are accepted but it is unclear wheather other currencies are accepted, too.
- currency:USD=no – It is unknown which currencies are accepted at all but at least we know it's not US dollars.
- currency:JPY=yes+currency:others=no – Only Japanese yens are accepted, all other currencies are rejected.
The most common values based on Taginfo
are part of a .
- currency:eur=yes – Avoid this (and similar) notation, according to ISO 4217 the currency code must be in capital letters.
- currency:RUB=yes+currency:EUR=no+currency:USD=no+currency:others=no – The currencies EUR and USD can be omitted since currency:others=no implicitly says that all other currencies are rejected.