|ground elevation of a point in WGS84|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
This is a tag for explicitly tagging a ground elevation ele=* in the wgs84 system (World Geodetic System, Revision 1984). A well known problem of the values in the generic ele=* tag is that despite the definition, the reference isn’t homogeneous.
If used on areas and linear ways, the elevation must be true for the whole object. Otherwise use the tag on nodes.
It isn’t completely clear whether the values are referring to the ellipsoid or the geoid. If you have used this tag in the past, please clarify.
- ele=* a generic ground elevation tag
- Proposed_features/ele:regional - a proposal to tag ele in the regionally common system and units
- layer=* - used to mark layering of map elements
- height=* - used to mark how tall a map object is
- alt=* - Proposal to mark exact altitudes concerning to the reference system of heights. Deprecated.
- ele:local=* unclear meaning
- World Geodetic System in Wikipedia