Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Specifies if a highway has painted markings to indicate the position of the lanes|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag lane_markings=* can be used on a road to make it clear whether the lanes on that road are marked with painted lines, coloured pavement, or in other permanent markings.
- lane_markings=yes - the lanes of this road are marked.
- lane_markings=no - the lanes of this road are not marked.
For many roads, this tag can be added without lanes=*, indicating that the road has no defined lanes. It can also be used with roads that have the tag lanes=* to indicate that those lanes are "virtual," or that vehicles clearly use the road as if those lanes existed, but they aren't explicitly marked.
- lanes=* - Quantifies the number of lanes
- divider=* - Specifies the kind of central divider between lanes
- width=* - The width of a feature
- width:carriageway=* - Carriageway (from kerb to kerb) specific width key
- width:lanes=* - Scarcely used key which indicates the width of each lane
- crossing:markings=* - The existence and style of pedestrian crossing markings
- Initial talk on Tagging mailing list