|To show that use of the associated facility may require membership.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Many facilities may only be available to those who join a membership scheme. Alternatively, non-members may use the facilities, but may have more restricted rights. Typical examples are:
- Membership Stores: most typically, so called , such as , , which are common in the USA. Some cash and carry stores in Europe also work with membership schemes: e.g., .
- Fitness facilities. Often referred to as "gyms" or health clubs in english-speaking countries. Examples include: leisure=fitness_centre facilities which are only available to members. . The tag may be appropriate to separate
- Social Clubs. Social clubs which may act as pubs may require membership, although this may be in the form of temporary membership.
- Sports Clubs. Most regular sports clubs are membership organisations, and in general the tag is not needed.
Used in association with the following tags:
- leisure=sports_centre + sport=fitness
The predominant usage values is: