Python rendering engine for MapCSS 0.2
Kothic is an abandoned project to create a MapCSS/0.2 python rendering engine. Development stopped while in an alpha stage, with lots of weird bugs and cool features inside.
Project is hosted at https://github.com/kothic/kothic with last activity in 2015.
- PostGIS database backend, building (hopefully) optimal SQL requests from MapCSS stylesheet;
- vtile data backend, converting .osm files into a set of rendering-optimized vector tiles;
- support for MapCSS eval();
- PyGTK/cairo widget with background threaded rendering;
- set of fetchers for TWMS, allowing Kothic to be served in tiles like mapnik or osmarender is.
sample rendering of separate lanes based on lanes=*