|amenity = bench|
|A place for people to sit; allows room for several people.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A place for people to sit; allows room for several people. Benches are used for resting for an interval of time. They can be important to people with mobility impairments (e.g. needs a cane or crutches) who need a place to rest for a couple minutes while traveling on foot. Additionally, benches are often a suitable substitute for everyday activities like eating, reading, etc. when a picnic table is not available.
How to Map
- backrest=yes/no Whether the bench has a backrest to lean against. For people who have problems with their back this could be useful information.
- direction=* Use a compass point (e.g. "NW") or value in degrees (e.g. "315") to indicate the direction which the bench (or a person sitting on it) faces.
- seats=* Number of seats
- colour=* Colour
- material=* What is the bench made from? e.g. wood, steel
- operator=* Who maintains the bench?
- Mapnik -
- Wanderreitkarte - rendered in the online map
- Potlatch 2 - "rendered" with an icon of a bench in the enhanced style of the editing window
- JOSM - rendered with an icon of a backless bench, the special mappaint style Bench can be added
- Approved features/Bench
- Proposed features/Bench_detail
- Proposed features/Public Transport#Platform
- MapContrib theme for benches and picnic tables - Simple online editor to add or edit benches.