Lane assist/Examples/Motorway Acceleration Lane
- Main article: Lane_assist
An acceleration lane on the S6 near Rastplatz Schottwien, Austria. Background image (C) geoimage.at .
Note: The image (not the description) below is a little outdated, as the nodes of the OSM ways should be placed between the leftmost two lanes even when the acceleration lane is present. In such case the key placement=* is used, which will lead to better results for renderers which do not support the key as well as for which do support the key.
- A: The last node of the motorway as well as of the slip road. The node of the motorway is placed in the middle of both lanes, the node of the slip road is placed in the middle of the lane.
- B: The slip road.
- C: Ordinary motorway with two lanes.
- D: The slip road merges with the motorway and the acceleration lane starts. The node is still placed in the middle of the leftmost two lanes. The OSM way of the motorway is split.
- E: The road markings indicate that the acceleration lane will be merged with the middle lane. As the way is not drawn in the middle of the carriageway but rather at the right side of the first lane, the appropriate placement tag is used.
- F: The acceleration lane starts to disappear, i.e. its doesn't have its full width any more and narrows further. The OSM way is split and the node is placed in the middle of the leftmost two lanes.
- G: The acceleration lane is not considered when tagging, because it doesn't have full width any more.
- H: The first node of the motorway after the acceleration lane.