London/Summer 2008 Mapping Party Marathon/2008-08-27
This is past event
Most of the sectors that were taken have been completed - an estimated 2/3 of the cake.
The party also featured in the Croydon Advertiser. (Although a little too centric around one person)
And the Croydon Guardian!
The 17th Mapping Party in the Summer 2008 London Mapping Marathon series took place in Croydon.
When : Wednesday 27th August - Evening.
Where: Croydon, South West London (normal map, unnamed streets map)
Getting to Croydon
East Croydon is on the fast mainline from London to Brighton frequent services from Victoria and from further on the Thameslink line. the Tramlink runs from Wimbledon (mainline & district), and also interchanges with other rail lines in the east. There are probably buses too, check with TfL on those. Croydon stations are in Transport for London Zone 5.
The Green Dragon, High St (probably the southern end) Map Reviews at 7.30pm onwards.
4. Mick O
9-11. Thomas Wood - Data fully entered into OSM.
20. LastGrape/Gregory these sections look exciting.
- Thomas Wood
- Mick O
- Edit the page to add yourself here
Thomas Wood or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Edgemaster on IRC, mobile 07964 964134 (will not be available after the event)
- Got an article in the this is croydon today http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestnews/Web-pioneers-chart-Croydon/article-302306-detail/article.html
- and this article in the Croydon Guardian http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/3641660.Going_crackers_for_cartography/
- Other ideas? Local community websites to list on? Contacts to email about it?