Medway Mapping Party
See Also The Medway Towns
2nd mapping party for the Medway area was held on the 14th/15th Feb 2009.
Where and when
14th/15th Feb 2009. (Saturday & Sunday).
What you need
- A GPS: recommended, but not essential. We will lend you one. Please add your name and note below, so we can ensure we will have sufficient receivers.
- Laptop/PDA: again recommended, but not essential. There are some mapping and tracking programs out there which can be used for generating GPX files and displaying maps.
- A camera: useful for mapping but also to have a nice souvenir
This schedule is just a proposal, feel free to modify or suggest changes.
- Youth Hostels, Kent - Trinity Foyer, 20 Church St, Maidstone, ME14 1LY - 01622 664446
- Youth Hostels Association, Capstone Rd, Gillingham, ME7 3JE - 01634 400788
- Connexions, 205-217 New Rd, Chatham, ME4 4QA - 01634 845936
If you are interested in attending to the mapping party, you can sign down here (this is an informal list, just to see who may be coming).
- I can lend you my NaviGPS --Gregoryw 09:42, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- --pray4mojo 16:43, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- Crid - Preferably country lanes. Slices 13 and/or 14 perhaps?
- --TomS 19:47, 3 February 2009 (UTC) - Intending on cycling up from West Malling, over Medway Bridge, then will do some of slice 2 on my way in to the cafe.
- Sign here
- --TimSC 22:48, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- --TomS 19:47, 3 February 2009 (UTC) - maybe
- Sign here
List the cake slices you're interested in mapping below, or pick a slice on the day.
1. pchilds (
2. TomS. I did lots of this on Saturday but didn't manage to do all the estate between Maidstone Road (B2079) and City Way (A229). Mapping now, will hopefully finish in a few days.
4. fordp I will continue mapping after the weekend too!
6.Crid Several Walderslade estates as well as an unclassified towards Hempstead.
8. --TimSC 08:24, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Talk GB Mailing List or phone Tim +44 (0)7719 775716
Result: approximately 50% of Chatham, Gillingham and Walderslade complete. Progress has been made in most other areas. Significant work is still needed on Strood, Rainham, Twydall, Borstall and Wigmore.