The OpenStreetBrowser (openstreetbrowser.org) is an application to 'browse' through the information in the displayed part of the map. The aim of the project is to provide a highly dynamic map that makes every mapped feature easily available to the user.
- Browse map content in certain categories.
- Wikipedia integration and images (from image, wikipedia, wikimedia_commons, wikidata tags)
- It uses the Overpass API to access the map data and therefore (almost) up-to-date.
- Download selected object or visible map features in various formats (GeoJSON, OSM formats).
- You can create categories yourself, check this howto.
- OpenStreetBrowser is already available in several languages. Follow this how-to to improve translations or create a new one!
OpenStreetBrowser shut down its service in 2016 and was reborn in July 2017 with a new implementation. Check the old project site for the previous version.