|License:||(free of charge)|
Interactively browse not only the map but also the contained information.
The OpenStreetBrowser (openstreetbrowser.org) is an application to 'browse' through the information in the displayed part of the map. The aim of the project is to provide a highly dynamic map that makes every mapped feature easily available to the user.
- Browse map content in certain categories.
- Wikipedia integration and images (from image, wikipedia, wikimedia_commons, wikidata tags)
- It uses the Overpass API to access the map data and therefore (almost) up-to-date.
- Download selected object or visible map features in various formats (GeoJSON, OSM formats).
- You can create categories yourself, check this howto.
- OpenStreetBrowser is already available in several languages. Follow this how-to to improve translations or create a new one!
OpenStreetBrowser shut down its service in 2016 and was reborn in July 2017 with a new implementation. Check the old project site for the previous version.