(Redirected from Openstreetbugs)Jump to navigation Jump to search
OpenStreetBugs is deprecated.|
Please add new bug reports into OpenStreetMap Notes system.
|Authors:||Xav, Christoph Böhme, Emka|
OpenStreetBugs was a database and website for marking errors in the OpenStreetMap data. It is now deprecated as its functionality has been replaced by Notes, a core feature of OpenStreetMap.org.
Users of OpenStreetBugs could leave a short message on the map if something was missing or obviously wrong, like "oneway in wrong direction" or "bridge or level_crossing?". More information is available in the past revisions of this page.
- ????: The idea and first implementation of OpenStreetBugs was developed by Xav. You can find his email by searching in the Talk archives or write him via his user page.
- 2009: The second implementation was started by Christoph Böhme and continued by Emka. This was started up in April 2009. Here the announcement of the service. See User:Emka/new OSB for detailed information about the server.
- 2011: Creation of the osmbugs.org Leaflet version of the site.
- 2013 April: The functionality of OpenStreetBugs is added as a core feature of the [OpenStreetMap.org] website, in the form of the Notes feature.
- 2013 October: Adding new bugs on OpenStreetBugs has been disabled. /Phase Out of OpenStreetBugs started, with users encouraged to use Notes.
- 2014 May: Last bug was fixed or copied over to Notes. Here is a final statistic of the OSB usage.