Road Network Improvement Projects
From 2020 we have worked on road network improvements in the following countries:-
- Czech Republic
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Road network Improvements that are addressed include the following:
- Adding missing roads
- Validate existing tags like- classification - Residential, Trunk, Motorway etc and attributes - Bridge, Tunnel, links etc.
- Cities might be revisited on the basis of new improvements and/or internal requirements.
Below is the detailed process description on how Bolt does mapping:
- Bolt smoothened GPS traces (internal and non-downloadable file)
- Find the best imagery properly aligned per GPS traces and ground truth
- Use JOSM with GPS traces and best imagery as reference
- Visually identify missing roads and add them
- Correct classification and attribute errors in existing data
- Run validation and fix all errors and warnings
- Upload changeset with appropriate comments
Bolt’s Data Team
We are constantly in contact with the local community through the local talk list, the OSM forum for that country, a local forum (such as a Telegram group or Facebook page) or by reaching out to local active mappers.
When it comes to feedback, we are open to it and will always take it into consideration, as local community knowledge and expertise always precedes.
Please send any general feedback on Bolt’s work on OpenStreetMap to Bolt024.
We follow the workflow shown on the right, in order to reach out to communities.
Here's the list of OSM communities that we have contacted and the phase the communication is in.
|South Africa||YES||Talk list / Owner of talk list|
|Ghana||YES||Talk list / Telegram||YES||YES|
|Nigeria||YES||Talk list / Facebook||YES||YES|
|United Kingdom||YES||Talk list|
|Portugal||YES||Talk list / Telegram||YES||YES|
|Poland||YES||Talk list / OSM Forum||YES||YES|
|Czech Republic||YES||Talk list||YES||YES|
|Saudi Arabia||YES||Local mapper (Khaled AlOtaibi)|
|Hungary||YES||Facebook group / Google group||YES||YES|
- We mark Approved=YES, if we got response from the community and there are no objections from the latter.