The CWTS++ project pilot is a service-learning program spear-headed by the MapAm❤re Initiative, in close collaboration with the San Juan Campus of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines, and intends to provide a pragmatic, progressive learning experience for NSTP-CWTS volunteers, while meeting the service requirements mandated by National Service Training Program (R.A. 9163) for tertiary-level students, in particular its Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS) component.
The institutional partners collaborate by mobilizing organizational resources by providing technical, administrative, or logistical support for the project.
- 1 Undertaking
- 2 About Us
- 3 Training, Data Sources, Quality Assurance
- 4 Contributors
- 5 Activities
- We adhere to the OpenStreetMap community value of transparency, and understand that our project edits, changes, and comments are accountable through public change sets.
- We agree to provide sensible basic training and orient contributors and volunteers we recruit through this effort about Good Practice, and ensure that all project-related user accounts are to be used by one and the same individual.
- All our contributors are expected to edit with care, and follow applicable national or regional mapping conventions.
- We will strive to provide meaningful, and relevant Good changeset comments.
- We understand that all our volunteer contributors are expected to respond promptly to requests for comments.
Our program goals are as follows:
- Gain appreciation for spatial (space, place, location) literacy and geography
- Develop a sense of civic duty and responsibility through active participation and teamwork
- Provide meaningful engagements that can broaden academic and career options
- Organize proficient mappers who may be tapped any time, especially during (local/global) emergencies or aid in humanitarian relief efforts.
Area of Interest (AOI)
We will focus on available Philippine-related tasks, but may also conduct mapping activities for the benefit of other projects and communities through various Micro-tasking Managers (e.g. Tasking Manager, MapRoulette, StreetComplete, etc.)
Collaborators and co-working partners, or supporting organizations
- San Juan Campus, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Collaborate with various local geo/mapping communities.
We may use any, or all of the following:
- #pupsjcwts, in addition to project specific project hash-tag we're working on
Training, Data Sources, Quality Assurance
Training program is localized, and loosely based on available training materials from LearnOSM
The project will utilize publicly available data, with OpenStreetMap-compatible licenses. Details to be provided when we use any.
For Job/Task-specific validation, we will rely on the validation process established by the projects we're working on.
For tasks related to training or hands-on learning, validation will be made by peers and experienced local volunteers who are helping out the effort.
Project leaders and coordinators
For additional information, or any concerns related to our mapping activities, work-flow, or processes, kindly contact any of the following:
- Project director(s): Erwin Olario - @GOwin
- Institutional cooperator, PUP San Juan
- Jimmy Gutierrez - Director, PUP San Juan Campus (PUP San Juan)
- Al Pagalilawan - Head, Academic Affairs
- Alan Navidad - Hepe, Sentro ng Araling San Juan
- Resource persons:
Our volunteer mapping team is composed of the following:
- Aj Libres
- Ghieann Policarpio
- Irish Pauline
- claireeeee (was:
- Joanna R
- JP Punzal
- Justine Bautista
- Kent Espiritu
- kin maximus
- Kirigaya Kazuto
- Nico Qtqt
- Santiago jpd
- masumune (was:
- Host of Maptime! Manila, every last Thursday of the month.
- Volunteer Recruitment Event post, http://telegra.ph/Recruitment-drive-attract-eager-volunteers-07-10
Photographs from various activities where CWTS++ volunteers participated are here.