Kaart (kaartgroup.com) contributes to foundational data in OSM, primarily in road networks. Kaart conducts groundwork in countries and metropolitan areas throughout the world. Our process is to use mobile applications to input new tags, primarily street names and oneways, while driving through cities and towns. We also capture imagery from GPS enabled cameras in order to allow post-processing of data to fix road geometry, update new construction, add traffic lanes, turn restrictions and other tags necessary to improve vehicle navigation. Kaart employs a data team actively contributing to the map.
Kaart has traveled to and provided data improvements in the following countries:
- Africa - Comores, Mauritius, Reunion, Morocco
- Caribbean - Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Bahamas, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Grenada, Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Sint Maarten, Turks & Caicos, Saint Martin, British Virgin Islands, Bonaire, Anguilla, Saint Barthélemy, Montserrat
- Central America - Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama
- North America - Baltimore, Maryland
- South America - Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay
- Middle East - Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Cyprus
- Asia - Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, Brunei, Philippines
- Europe - Denmark, Ukraine, Iceland
Kaart Data Team
The Kaart Data Team continuously improves OpenStreetMap by fixing errors and adding data using open data sources.
Current Team members
Previous Team Members
Here is a list of previous team members that edited with Kaart but are no longer active in the Kaart data team.
|Daniel||Daniel M Moore|
Data Team Guidelines
In addition to the rules that apply to everyone in the community, here are the guidelines the Kaart team reiterates and adds for themselves:
- Our motto is "Make Awesome Data". We seek to make the best map data and to adhere to the highest standards as documented on the OpenStreetMap Wiki or as established as common practice in the community.
- Local knowledge first. We travel and collect our own source data using gps enabled cameras and staff in country.
- All full time data team members will be listed here on this OpenStreetMap Wiki page and identified on their user profiles.
- We use public tools and will happily share our experiences and processes with local mappers to help grow communities.
- We work with the local community. Often, when conducting groundwork in a country, we will try to meet local editors and collaborate with them when possible. We seek to understand the local mapping conventions and assist in uplifting OSM data to a more complete standard. For general feedback message Aaron Young.
Please send any general feedback on Kaart's work on OpenStreetMap to Aaron Young.