|latitude: 31.57, longitude: 35.56|
|Browse map of Jordan 31°34′12.00″ N, 35°33′36.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Jordan is a country in Asia at latitude 31°34′12.00″ North, longitude 35°33′36.00″ East.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
- 1 Getting started
- 2 Current priorities
- 3 Naming convention
- 4 Administrative map
- 5 Transport
- 6 Land use
- 7 Quality controls
- 8 Active mapper in Jordan
- 9 Kaart Groundwork
- 10 See also
- Perhaps you want to take a look at the Beginner's Guide.
- To see names in English on OSM map, you can use the MapQuest Open layer
- Check out the Users in Amman and get in contact
- Adding Arabic and Latin streetnames
- Searching for street name catalogs from government resources.
Please enter data in the following format when naming streets, city names etc. This will ensure that the default name displayed will be in Arabic script.
Governorate boundaries for Jordan added from maplibrary.org's ESRI shape file.
Major cities in Jordan
Highway/Roads classification in Jordan
Main roads in Jordan (highway=primary)
Syntax: Official Highwaynumber ::: course ::: Distance ::: big cities passed by highway ::: informal name (if any)
- 5 N-S As-Safawi - Az-Azraq - Ma'an - Border to Saudi Arabia
- 10 W-E: Ma'ad - Irbid - Al Mafraq - Iraq
- 15 Amman - Al Mafraq motorway. Ma'an - Al Quwayra (highway=motorway) (Desert Highway)
- 25 Dera'a (Syria) - Ar-Ramtha - connects to Hw10 /// Amman - until Queen Intl. Alia Airport then changes name to Hw15
- 30 Zarqa' - Az-Azraq
- 35 N-S Irbid - Jerash - Amman - Madaba - Al-Karak - At-Tafila - Wadi Musa - Rajif Junction The King's Highway
- 40 W-E northern Deadsea Junction - Amman - Sahab - Az-Azraq
- 50 W-E Potash-City - Al-Karak - connects to HW15
- 55 Irbid - Ajloun
- 60 At-Tafila - connects to Hw15
- 65 NW-SW 350km: Umm Qais - Aqaba - Saudi Border (Deadsea Road)
- 122 Irbid - Umm Qais
- Hejaz Railway
It is advisable to tag a olive grove / orchard as follows:
Active mapper in Jordan
Amman (February 2019)
- Ground Focus - visual collection of street names and verification of oneway streets in Belgrade.
- Issues - Street-name signs missing on newer streets; street signs with different names on a single street; oneway streets with hard to find or no indication signs.
- Post Processing - checked road classifications, checked street name consistency in Arabic and English translations, added turn restrictions, included turning lanes, added pedestrian crossings, added surface types to roads, included road lanes and added additional and missing geometry.