|latitude: 13.7, longitude: 30.8|
|Browse map of Sudan 13°42′00.00″ N, 30°48′00.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Sudan is a country in Africa at latitude 13°42′00.00″ North, longitude 30°48′00.00″ East.
Sudan was the largest country in Africa and the Arab World until 2011, when South Sudan separated into an independent country
This page is to coordinate a mapping project for Sudan, formerly the largest country in Africa.
Project Sudan: Description
Very sparse data exists for street level information about Sudan, this project aims to map as much data as possible.
Ranking by size (Source: German Wikipedia
- Port Sudan
- Wad Madani
Will start mapping for Khartoum, if you have any data sources, especially street names please help. Mapping mainly based on Yahoo! Aerial Imagery tracing.
- january 2013, : Railway and 3 pipelines mapped from Bing Sat between Khartoum and Port Sudan. May-be someone is water-pipeline between Atbara and Port Sudan. Please check if possible.
- A = The A1, A2, A4 and A5 are main roads from Khartoum to the north, east, south and west respectively. The A6 branches off from the A5 to the southwest. 2-digit numbers between 10 and 20 occur between the A1 and A2, numbers between 20 and 30 are between the A2 and A4 and numbers between 40 and 50 are between the A4 and A5.
- B = Regional roads (highway=secondary)
- Africover () - has granted us (Development Seed () - permission to upload their base layers - roads, rails, admin boundaries. So far, we have uploaded the road shapefile. Outstanding work includes:
- Rivers - Africover
- Admin Boundaries (need to determine current status of OSM dataset before doing anything here) - Africover
A 2009 report on the current status of GIS in the Sudan, Prepared by Abdullah Elsadig Ali, Director General, Sudan National Survey Authority lists in the recommended objectives "Permit re-use of available data." and "Help users to communicate with each other and work together."
- mustafa kamil
- Khalid Hamada
- Neil Penman
- Ian Checkley
- Mikel Maron
- Peter Dörrie - I will be on the Ground in Khartoum from March to May this Year (2009) doing Research. I hope I also have some spare time to do mapping.
- Robert Soden
- Larry O'Neill
- Mohammed Hashim
- WikiProject Nile - An effort to map the whole Nile (both the blue and the white one).
- 2013 Sudan floods - wiki page coordinating remote mapping for HOT contributors around the world.