|Proposal status:||Draft (under way)|
|Definition:||Qualify fire service headsquare and intermediate levels of administrative and/or operational management and other entities|
I use to map fire stations in France with some other contributors.
It doesn't appear clear to me how I should tag firefighters headquarters. They're not fire station but administrative office.
I searched in TagInfo for values related to this subject, but found nothing. I went through the wikipedia pages to understand the different fire service systems and obtain vocabulary to define the concepts.
For government tag because it seems to me that fire services are part of the "regalian missions" in the same way as the police or taxes.
Concerning fire_service=*, I prefer this tag because it's in neutral English. I would also like to point out the other proposals I have identified:
- fire_rescue=*: in the majority of countries (but not in France), the fire brigade only deals with fire and technical assistance, but not with first aid. This is why this tag seems less appropriate to me
- fire_department=*: (american english), like New York Fire Department (NYFD)
- fire_brigade=*: (british english), like London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- fire_company=*: company a priori a meaning in the USA of a group of firefighters assigned to a particular fire engine
- firefighter=*: meaning centred on the occupation and not the function
For intermediate level of administrative and/or operational management:
For training centre:
|government=fire_service||Headquarter of fire service||Image|
|fire_service=academy||Academy for firefighter|
The photo shows several training areas: house to burn, motorway, accidents, gas zone...
Let's discuss this proposal over this page.